Today we live in the era of cell phones. Not only cell phones, today we use the facility of smartphones through which a person can do all his office work. The technology is going very fast and it will not be a surprise that in coming years we may be exposed to other cutting-edge communication devices.
The business world has also been affected by technology and with the internet nowadays you can hardly afford not having a website of your own. Previously a desktop website was enough but now more than desktops people visit the internet from their smartphones. Under such a scenario it is very hard for any businessman out there to ignore a mobile-friendly website.
There are many reasons which have contributed to the importance of mobile-friendly website. The majority of these reasons have been listed by us in the points below
- The biggest reason as already explained is the smartphone or cell phone itself. People are using their phones continuously 24 hours a day. Their entire office and recreational activities are on their cell phones. Under such a scenario if your company does not have a mobile website of its own then you can imagine the loss which you can face
- The majority of e-commerce traffic gets generated from mobile phones. According to one of the statistics half of the traffic actually gets generated from mobile phones. You surely need to keep this aspect into consideration as a businessman
- Mobile users use their phones in a very different way as compared to a desktop. They may be standing in a Que or may be sitting on their sofa. They use their phones for a few minutes only. A site which takes a lot of time to get loaded is not compatible with such an audience. To cater to this audience you need to come up with a mobile friendly website
- According to one of the researches the people using mobiles purchase more as compared to the people who utilize desktop computers. We do not know the reason behind this phenomenon however one thing is for sure! If this is the case then mobile-friendly website is very important for you
- Not only mobile friendly website rather you need a mobile optimized website as well. Mobile users do a lot of multitasking and to keep them engaged in your site, it is necessary that you optimize it too
- If you have an attractive mobile friendly website then this will not only attract visitors towards it but rather it will also help you in getting into the good books of Google. One of the criteria of Google for higher search engine ranking is a well-developed mobile website.
- The ultimate benefit of having a mobile-friendly website lies in the fact that such a site helps you in the enhancement of your brand awareness. The main goal of marketing is awareness!
Making a mobile-friendly website
We have already seen the reasons why mobile-friendly website is necessary for you. We can choose many Free Open Source E-commerce Platforms to create a mobile friendly website. There are many things which are involved in the making of a website. Some of the key considerations have been discussed in the headings below
Some key considerations
Whatever web designs you come up with ensuring that it is either adaptive or responsive. Usually, it is preferred that you go for responsive design as this is something which can be achieved with ease
Now let’s look at the key things
- First of all you need to make your web design. This can be done by you if you are an expert. If you are not a professional and have financial issues then in such a case you can learn web designing on your own too. There are many tutorials available on the internet in this regard
- If you wish you can purchase a template as well as that can make your web designing much easy
- Allow customer to log into your website with Social Login modules. In case your website is Prestashop, Prestashop Social Login module is the best choice for you!
- If you wish you can hire a developer as well. However, it is recommended that you should hire a true professional. Choose the developer with the utmost care and it is recommended that you avail the services of someone who is already well-known in the market.